Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Redemption for Kevin Costner!!



OK, I admit, I was starting to think that maybe those misconceptions about Kevin Costner films were really true...I mean, I loved the movie, "Bull Durham", and I distinctly remember getting swept away in my young adult years with the film, "Dances With Wolves"! But somewhere along the line, Kevin Costner started getting a bad reputation for his many films over the years. I don't know exactly when it started...maybe it was with that movie, "The Postman", or could it have been the movie, "Message in a Bottle"? Although Kevin is very famous, you always kind of cringed whenever someone would say it's another Kevin Costner movie. Between the lines, everyone knew that meant you might as well bring a pillow and blanket to the movie theater, because you'll probably fall asleep in this one!

Well, folks, I am here to tell you that in my mind, Kevin Costner has officially redeemed himself as an actor who can carry a movie quite well! Scott and I were fortunate enough to get a free pass to see the special preview of the new movie, "The Guardian" last Thursday night. It was the day before the film was officially released and open to the public in theatres. The movie stars Ashton Kutcher, Kevin Costner, and John Heard. Scott and I truly enjoyed this awesome movie! It was filled with plenty of laughs, but also lots of drama and a bit of suspense at times! I won't reveal anything about the storyline, except to say that it is about a long-time Coast Guard Rescuer and an up-and-coming newbie to this profession. This movie gets my "Two Thumbs Up" vote! If you haven't made plans to see it yet, be sure to do so! It is not a movie that you should just wait to come out on DVD rental or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the previews looked good. I'm glad to hear a good review because I like both Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher.

Becky Williams said...

Yeah, it is a movie worth seeing! I like them both, too [Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher]!