Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Where, oh where, have I been?

Ok, in case you've been wondering...I have been spending most of my online time on my other page during the past two months. I have become a traitor to my "williamszoocrew" blogpage. I joined the infamous "MySpace" community last year, and I have only now just become super-involved with decorating my MySpace page, adding cool glitter text and pictures, and oh, yeah, making new friends, too!

I know all about the bad reputation that MySpace has had over the past few years. But, my thought earlier this year was, why not use this not only as a creative outlet for myself, but also as a positive influence for God to the rest of the MySpace users out there? Especially, considering that many of the users pages on there tend to contain a variety of beliefs, photos, comments, and suggestive overtones (to say the least). What I did not expect to see were so many Christian pages on MySpace and many positive influences throughout the online community who are clearly acting as salt and light to the rest of the darkened world out there. I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to connect with people from all around the world, including celebrities who, believe it or not, are actually real human beings, just like us (I bet you already knew that, didn't you?)! :o) I have discovered that many of the celebs are open and willing to share their ups and downs in their own lives with those they trust on this MySpace thing. But, be warned...there are also many people who like to pose as a celeb, too, so you have to be pretty discerning as to who is the real deal and who is not. I've also had the surprise of being contacted by a few of my old high school graduating classmates on MySpace! It's been fun so far and I just thought I'd let you know that's where I've been "hangin' out" in the cyberworld of late. More on this MySpace topic to come later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Social Networking sites like my space is a real great place to be in. You come across so many different type of people and make friends with them.Everything is created in this world to have a positive impact but some people use it negatively. But feels great to know that you have been using it in a great way. Cheers. Hope you make many more new friends and take a peek into my Friendship Blog sometime!!