Monday, April 14, 2008

Flashback to the 1980's...again!!


I was watching the CMA's (Country Music Awards) tonight and I heard Sugarland perform the 1980's song, "Life in a Northern Town", on stage. I remember loving that song from the 80's, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out who sang it? My mind was drawing a complete blank! So, I looked it up later and found out it was The Dream Academy. How could I forget that? Well, while looking up the song to add onto my playlist, I found out a few other classic songs from the 80's that The Dream Academy also was responsible for that I never even knew! I guess you really do learn something new everyday! So, for now I am featuring a few of their 80's songs on my playlist on this page.

Can you guess the name of the movie that two of the songs on my playlist came from? LOL...


If you said that the first song playing is from the movie, "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", then you guessed it! It's during that famous scene where Ferris and his friends are touring the art museum (see picture above). The third song on my playlist, "Edge of Forever", is also from that same movie! Let's hear it for the 80's !!!

1 comment:

Mark, Diana, Leighton and Paige said...

You know that Ferris Bueller's Day Off is one of Marks favorite movies!