Friday, May 23, 2008

Such a tragedy...


I don't know if you've heard, but yesterday the daughter of my all-time favorite Christian musician/artist, Steven Curtis Chapman, was tragically killed in an unfortunate accident at their home. Her name was Maria and she was 5 years old, their youngest adopted daughter from China. Most recently, Steven had written a very popular song entitled, "Cinderella", with lyrics inspired by recent precious moments Steven had with his daughters. The Chapmans have three biological children (a daughter and two sons) and three younger daughters who were all adopted from China. Sadly, yesterday the Chapman family was also going to be hosting a high school graduation party at their home for their son Caleb. Apparently, their other son, Will, accidentally tried to back out of their driveway and did not see little Maria directly behind the SUV before running over her. I can't even begin to imagine the feelings the entire family must be going through at this moment, especially their son, Will, who was driving the vehicle. My prayers are with their entire family and I hope that no one I know EVER has to go through this kind of a tragic loss of a child. Thank goodness for the family's strong Christian faith and for the hope they have in Jesus that one day they will see Maria again in Heaven. Below is a video clip of Steven talking about his motivation for the new song, Cinderella. It's also the first song playing right now on my playlist (track 03). What a touching little video clip this is to see, especially in light of what's just happened in their family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the whole situation is just heartbreaking! I tear up every time I hear the Cinderella song.