Wednesday, August 20, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

I wanted to post some pics of some of my favorite things that we bought while on vacation in North Carolina recently. Since my sister-in-law is anxious to see, I am posting them now, instead of waiting a few more days...LOL!!



I found this vintage cup and saucer set in one of my favorite little country gift stores in Black Mountain, NC, called, "Ivy Corner". They had the entire set including the dishes, soup bowls, platter, sugar bowl & creamer, and more open stock pieces in this pattern. I love pink roses and one day wish to collect some nice complete china sets in patterns like this one. But, for now, I just started with two sets of the cup & saucer. I placed it on our kitchen dining room table as a centerpiece. I just LOVE the romantic look of it!

This is one of my favorites already, too! I found this antique candy dish downstairs in Ivy Corner. They have two stories...the bottom floor is filled with true antiques of almost everything you can imagine. Anyway, this pink candy dish is by Anchor Hocking and was made in the 1930's. I love pink depression glass and one day hope to collect a full set of pink glass dishware, too. For now, I thought this petite candy dish was just so cute and lovely and it is my first official piece to start my antique collection of pink glass.


I purchased this pink rose table runner to place on our kitchen table, as well. It goes with a set of placemats in the same fabric that I bought a couple of years ago from the same store. It also complements my pink rose antique cup & saucer set, which I love! This stuff is right up my alley!


OK, I found this adorable hand-made purse at the Sourwood Festival in Black Mountain while we were there. Once a year, the town hosts the festival full of all kinds of craft vendors! I have seen similar purses on eBay recently and one day hoped to buy one online, but this one was a steal at $20 and it's made with all the fabric patterns and colors I love...pink toile, brown & white gingham, and pink & brown polka dots! It's surprisingly filled with plenty of space inside and some side pockets, too. I also like the raggedy edge look where the seams are sewed along the outside.


OK, this funny wooden sign I found in a gift store in Chimney Rock, NC. I love all the country signs with cute sayings you can find in all the gift shops up there! This one made me laugh so much because we had such a huge pile of undone laundry sitting right outside our laundry room while we were on vacation. The saying, "Laundry Gathers Here" seems mighty appropriate, since we never seem to have all our laundry completely caught up anyway. Scott already hung it on the ceiling right in front of the laundry room door, as you can see in the picture. It looks like it's floating in mid-air.

1 comment:

Mark, Diana, Leighton and Paige said...

I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE! My favorite is the antique candy dish, it's beautiful and is a perfect match for your colletion! I wish the store was closer, we could really do some damage together!