Thursday, October 02, 2008

Things that make me uncomfortable (or in some cases, annoy me)...

Just a random blog entry about things that make me uncomfortable in life...

1) ...sitting inside my car at the Jiffy Lube Express while getting the oil changed in my minivan. I always feel like a "sitting duck" as the men snoop around my engine and come up to my car window to tell me the list of things that should be replaced or repaired on my vehicle. I JUST WANT THE OIL CHANGED!! Please don't try to sell me on other things when all I can afford right now is the oil change. How do I know you're not just taking advantage of me because I'm a female and don't know a lot about cars?


2) ...when you're checking out in the grocery or other store checkout line and the person waiting in line behind you can't seem to stay in their own "body space", but rather they invade your "space" by creeping up right next to you, clearly within eyeshot of your PIN code while using your debit card. I don't like being made to feel like I must hurry up because you are a bit impatient and want to push me through the line in a hurry. There is a reason why the grocery store checkout lines have those separating little plastic bars you use on the conveyor belt. Don't start putting your stuff down on the conveyor when I have barely just begun putting my own items on there. If I have a grocery cart full of stuff, don't put your stuff down before I do. That's being too pushy.


3) ...realizing that 95% of your friends and former classmates on Facebook do not share the same support for presidential candidate as you do. Sometimes, I wish there was a better mix, rather than it seeming like I am the only one who will vote for my candidate this year.


4) ...people who circle the parking lot waiting for an open space and since there are none, instead decide to follow you in their car as you walk to yours when leaving the store. It feels like a stalker when you creep behind me at 1mph while I can hear your engine running right behind me.


5) ...people who don't return the favor, whatever it may be. When you've tried to be a good friend to them in the past in numerous ways, but they can't even reciprocate the kindness to you later on. Why is it so hard for us all to put others before ourselves?


OK, well I got some of those off my chest, so I guess I feel better for now...LOL!

1 comment:

Mark, Diana, Leighton and Paige said...

I can't even tell you how MUCH I agree with your about the grocery line and personal space. I can't stand that. Why the heck are you putting your groceries on the conveyer belt when I'm not even finished putting mine on...I'm sure as hell not paying for yours so wait a sec. People just don't get the meaning of personal space anymore but I truly appreciate mine. Keep your body away from me and your eyes off my pin!